Storage of earthmover tyres
Storing earthmover tyres correctly
Tyres are rubber-based and are affected by conditions of storage and use.
Storage does not adversely affect the life of the tyre, but it must be under specific conditions, limited in time, and as far as possible inside.
- In premises that are well-ventilated, dry and temperate, protected from direct sunlight and bad weather .
- Away from any chemical substances, solvents or hydrocarbons likely to interfere with the nature of the rubber.
- Away from any object that could penetrate the rubber (sharp metal, wood, etc.).
- Away from any source of heat, flame, incandescent object, material that could cause sparks or electrical discharges and any ozone sources (transformers, electric motors, soldering devices, etc.).
Advice on handling tyres
Poor handling of an unfitted tyre can cause it to be irreparably damaged. In order to eliminate the risk of bead damage and the problems which could result from it, we strongly advise that:
- The tyre is not lifted directly by the bead with a crane hook.
- Flat straps are used (not steel slings or chains).
- The tyre is lifted under the tread and not on the beads when a forklift truck with telescopic forks is used.
In all cases, for the handling of tyres and accessories, operators must:
- Be equipped with protective clothing.
- Observe the safety policies of the company.
- Use suitable material/equipment for the job.
- Not use instruments and/or equipment that may be harmful to tyres.
Moreover, accessories must be stored in their original packaging, on surfaces that do not present any danger of cutting, tearing or perforation.