Background em tyre storage Help and Advice
Storing your agricultural tyres safely
Agricultural tyres must be stored in clean conditions in dry, well-ventilated premises, away from direct sunlight.
They must be kept away from:
- sources of ozone (electric motors, transformers, arc welding stations, etc.),
- any chemical substance, solvent or hydrocarbon likely to alter the nature of the rubber,
- any objects that could pierce the rubber (sharp or pointed metal objects, etc.),
- flames or hot objects.
During storage periods, store agricultural tyres and inner tubes in a way that avoids any damage caused by tension or compression, keep them assembled and inflated if stacked, remove as much ballast as possible from vehicle-mounted tyres, and over-inflate by 0.5 bar (7 psi) in relation to in-service pressures.
- Never store bare tyres or fully assembled off-vehicle wheels in direct contact with the ground for long periods. You are advised to wear protective gloves when handling tyres.
- Always remove tyres from rims before carrying out any work on them. Never heat, weld or solder a rim or wheel with a tyre fitted.
- Always refer to the Michelin inflation chart to determine the correct pressure for your agricultural tyres. Under-inflation causes the casing to become exaggeratedly misshapen and will shorten the tyre's service life.
- Over-inflation reduces the surface area in contact with the ground, causes a loss of grip, and makes the tyre more sensitive to impacts and cuts.
- If loads are lower than those shown in our pressure/load charts, never inflate to lower than the minimum pressure shown in the tyre datasheets.
Other help and advice pages that might interest you:
• Reading and understanding tyre markings
• How can you reduce soil compaction?
• Why and how should you ballast your tyres to get the most out of them?
• How do you find the right references for rims, tubes and valves?
• How do you fit and remove your tyres?
• Road vehicle regulations
TO THE LATEST NEWS FROM MICHELIN AGRICULTURE!
By providing your email address and clicking on "Send", you agree to receive news and informations from Michelin.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
To learn more about how Michelin handles your personnal data and how to exercise your rights, click here.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
Without these details, we cannot process your request.
We are delighted to have you among us.