MICHELIN X® MULTI™ WINTER Z / T
MICHELIN X® MULTI™ WINTER Z / T
Reliability and safety in harsh winter conditions
- Safety in winter
- Mileage potential
- Optimised cost-effectiveness
MICHELIN X® MULTI™ : national and regional operations on all types of roads
A radio frequency identification (RFID) chip is an intelligent, wireless electronic device that can be used to identify unique items according to a standard system in order to store and transfer the corresponding data.
The 3PMSF symbol characterises winter tyres specially designed to ensure a sufficient traction and mobility for traffic in winter conditions. This marking is obtained on the basis of a regulatory test of vehicle acceleration, on a packed snow surfaces for new truck tyres. Only success in this test can rank a tyre in this category and the classification is made visible by the marking on the tyre sidewall. All tyres labelled 3PMSF are also marked M+S
Don’t let the snow stop you!
Even in harsh winter conditions, you will stay safe with MICHELIN X® MULTI™ WINTER tyres, and for no short amount of time.
WHY CHOOSE THIS TYRE?
Ready to tackle winter:
Make your winter transportation more reliable with the MICHELIN X® MULTI™ WINTER Z and WINTER T ranges.
• On icy surfaces, MICHELIN X® MULTI™ WINTER Z tyres can reduce your braking distance by 5%. (1)
• And in the rain, the level of grip is reliable (2): you will be able to take advantage of a European labelling of “B” for the MICHELIN X® MULTI™ WINTER Z and “A” for the MICHELIN X® MULTI™ WINTER T.
Whatever the conditions, and even in snow, you can stay safe. These tyres feature 3MPSF and M+S markings.
Performance made to last:
The lifespan of MICHELIN X® MULTI™ WINTER tyres has been optimised:
• For “Z” (all positions), we have aimed for mileage improvement of 10%. (3)
• For "T” (trailer axle), despite the winter aspects of the tyre, you will be able to keep your tyres for just as long (4), all the more so as their casings are protected on the sides.
Optimise your transporting:
With the MICHELIN X® MULTI™ WINTER Z tyre, improve your mileage and enjoy maximised load-carrying capacity (5): 7.5-tonne load carrying capacity when fitted in a single formation across an axle.
Listening to our customers from the Nordic countries, the tyres in the MICHELIN X® MULTI ™ range are the ones you need in the event of severe winter conditions.
MICHELIN - X MULTI - Testimonial of a fleet manager based in Sweden - EN
MICHELIN DURABILITY AS THE MILES TICK BY
A continuous steel wire – which can be as long as 400 metres– wrapped around the circumference of the tyre to provide it with greater stability throughout its lifetime. The tyre’s enhanced durability at a higher load index or in harsher usage conditions means you can drive with complete confidence.
picto infinicoil technology 1 tyre
picto image carbion technologie 1 tyre
MICHELIN LONGEVITY, DAY AFTER DAY
A unique material resulting from an innovative liquid mixing process of certain tread components. The material this creates is more homogeneous, helping to get more miles out of the tyre.
All dimensions (2)
Tyre overall diameter and not only the rim
Tyre width between the two sidewalls
|Max speed (km/h)||110|
|Pressure single||9 bar|
|Max load per tyre single||9000 kg|
Tyre radius when mounted on the loaded vehicle
International Article Code
|Theoretical regrooving depth||3|
|Regrooving width||8 - 10|
6 classes from A (the best performing) to G (the worst performing). Class D is not used.
The difference in fuel consumption between class A and class G tyres can be up to 7.5%.
The fuel consumption and CO2 emissions of a tyre (energy efficiency) are measured through the rolling resistance. A low rolling resistance of the tyre is crucial to contribute to fuel savings.
The only safety criteria for this labeling.
It is the braking on wet surfaces which is noted (at 80km / h), and not the handling. This is graded from A to E
EXTERNAL ROLLING NOISE
Measures exterior tyre noise, in decibels (dB). Classification in 3 sound levels which depend on the size of the tyres.
The aim of the legislator is to fight against noise pollution for residents.
(1) Internal 2012 MICHELIN study Emergency braking (from 30 to 10 km/h) on ice. Vehicle with MICHELIN X® Multi™ Winter Z 295/80 R22.5 tyres compared to MICHELIN XFN tyres of the same size.
(2) Internal 2012 MICHELIN study carried out on a wet course. Vehicle with MICHELIN X® Multi™ Winter Z 295/80 R22.5 tyres compared to MICHELIN XFN tyres of the same size.
(3) Internal 2012 estimate: objective to increase lifespan 10% compared to MICHELIN XFN 295/80 R22.5 tyres.
(4) Internal 2013 MICHELIN study: identical mileage with the MICHELIN XTE 3 385/65 R22.5 tyre.
(5) Compared to the MICHELIN XFN 295/80 R22.5 tyre.